12.01.2008

Let's Try This Again

It appears - at least for now - that the planets are aligned and I will be having back surgery #3 & 4 on Monday, December 15 in Baltimore.

I have approval from my boss to take off and everything is booked at the hospital. Now I just need to get past my hematologist appointment in an hour and a half and then all of the pieces will be in place. Well, at least most of the pieces, as the family and I need to work out travel schedules, hotels, etc.

The steroids I was taking this weekend to raise my platelet count have made me feel just awful, but I'm just hoping that it didn't do anything negative to my system. I still need the official clearance letter from the hematologist, but Brad was my witness on Wednesday and the doc said he would provide it. The good news is that I do not have to repeat my pre-op tests again, since they will be less than 30 days old. I know that doesn't seem like a big deal, but the thought of having to go to The Cleveland Clinic and give them more of my money and time made me a bit ill. I can't begin to explain how much I hate them and how miserable they have made my life.

No comments: