2.24.2008

Politics

I've been avoiding and trying to ignore the political scene, but with the Ohio primary next week I'm being attacked on all fronts. TV and radio ads, articles, phone calls, mailers...you just can't avoid it. I was thinking back in January that by the time March 4 came around the contests would be decided. Boy, was I wrong!

I used to be fascinated with politics, but anymore it's so corrupt. I don't like any of the candidates. I like parts of some of them. Obama is a wonderful and brilliant orator. McCain speaks his mind. Romney had nice hair. Edwards did too. (Ok, I kid about the hair stuff!) But who do I want to be President? None of them. Which means once again I'm going to the polls to vote for the person who I dislike the least and who will screw up the country the least.

I know I'm not the only one who feels that way. Sure, there are a lot of people energized by who's in the running, but I'm not one of them. I'm of the belief that the ones who would best be suited for President would never run, because let's face it - the whole process is one big nightmare at this point. Only people with huge ego's would ever be willing to put themselves and their families through this game. It's not about who will do the best job for the people and the country - it's about who can play the game of politics the best.

All I have to say is thank goodness for TIVO and it's fast-forwarding capabilities!

No comments: