11.05.2008

Exciting Times

I woke up at 2am, unable to fall back asleep. I watched McCain give his concession speech, and Obama give his acceptance speech, which I had recorded earlier in the evening. I then switched on the DVD player to Disc 1 of "The Office" season 2, which I watched until the alarm went off at 4:15 am.

This is definitely an exciting time to be an American, and it was great to see history made last night. While the Democrats have yet to sell me on their plan for success, it's always an inspiration to see someone come from humble beginnings make it to the top. Only in America, and that's a great thing.

I always get worked up on election night, so I'm not surprised I only got three hours of sleep. Still bummed from my new fish-less situation, and horribly anxious about my surgeon appointment on Thursday, I have a feeling that many sleepless nights are ahead of me. Not because of the fish, but the surgery thing.

On a side note I have gotten a lot of e-mails from family & friends that read the blog, giving me encouragement for Thursday and providing me with some great laughter, too. I need to write you all back individually, but since that won't occur for a few days given my schedule I just want to say thank you. I feel I'm lacking mental and emotional strength lately, and to have so many great people behind me really helps. It's difficult for me to communicate what's really going on in my mind, but I am ever so grateful for each of you.

No comments: