5.14.2009

Lazy Day

I usually work pretty hard when I'm in the office, but occasionally I have a day where I just don't want to work. My body is here, but my mind isn't. Today is one of those days.

It's been a rough few weeks at work. Actually, it's the first time since I started in December 2007 that I've been a little frustrated with some of the higher-ups. It's not a bad thing, because once Brad gets his MBA in December we want to explore leaving the area. It would certainly make it easier to leave if I no longer have in my head what a perfect company it is. It's not as bad as the other places I've worked at here in Ohio - not even close - but it is no longer perfect.

So today I've been here almost four hours and accomplished almost nothing. A few things, but mostly chatted with friends online and talked with some folks here. I am completely unmotivated today. And yes, one could say that I'm wasting company money, but the truth is that I've put in more than 40 hours already this week, I don't get paid for my OT, and I have done what I need to. I put in a ton more hours than I've gotten paid for, and today I just don't feel like putting in an effort.

Where is my head? I don't know, anywhere but here. Want to escape somewhere, don't know where. Even if I went I'd be in pain so would likely not have much fun. Unless I just kept drinking, and if I surrounded myself with entertaining people. That could make me forget about the pain and probably be fun until I feel asleep and woke up the next day with a hangover.

Silly to say, but the goofing off and dreaming about places that aren't here have actually put me in a slightly better mood. I think I'm going to go off and try to be a productive adult this afternoon.

No comments: