5.20.2007

Destination: New York City (via LaGuardia)

Well, today is the day. I'm about 2.5 hours away from being in the Big Apple. Have spent the last 30 minutes in the Club catching up on work stuff. Of course, it would take me about an extra two full days on-stop work to catch up on everything.

I'm not sure what is in store for today. The forecast calls for rain and thunderstorms, so I guess I'll have to access the situation once I'm there. I was hoping to go to the WTC site. B thinks I should visit the Midtown Apple store. Wonder if there is time for both?

Yesterday was crazy; last minute shopping, lunch with the family (post-birthday celebrating) and then an Indians game, which we lost. B, my brother and I went, along with a co-worker and her husband. Maybe I was just exhausted, maybe it was because I didn't get to sit next to B and A during the game, but it just wasn't as fun as it typically is. It was a beautiful night, though, and perfect weather for a game.

I'm a bit bummed to be going somewhere cool without B, especially knowing that when I come back he'll be in Iowa. It's been a long time since we've been apart more than a week. Oh well, it will be nice to work some on the house and bond with the fish, who I have been seriously neglecting lately. This morning I didn't even recognize the little one...he's grown a bit. I guess I'm just in my own, pain-filled world these days.

See you in New York.

No comments: