11.21.2007

Turkey Time


First things first. It's my parent's 39th anniversary today, so I have to give a shout-out to them. Not many couples make it to 39 years, so that's pretty darn amazing. They are a great couple and parents, and I'm lucky to have them.

Thanksgiving is officially around the corner. Time to stuff ourselves full of turkey, vegetables, rolls and pie, along with other stuff that is unhealthy for us. I won't even talk about the stuff we have in the car to tie ourselves over for 12 hours tomorrow.

Thanksgiving is a time to give thanks, and since I will be in a car most of tomorrow I thought I would take today to list what I am thankful for:

  • My wonderful husband B, who is not only a fantastic husband but my best friend in this world.
  • A loving family - my parents, brother, grandparents, aunts, uncles and cousins - that is truly supportive in everything I do, and would do anything for B and me.
  • Amazing friends that I don't get to see as often as I'd like, but as time goes forward they are just as wonderful as they always were.
  • My health. Yes, it sounds weird that I would say that given my back situation, but I'm grateful every day that I don't have something more serious and deadly. Every day I can get out of bed and have use of my legs I'm grateful.
  • My brain. I've said it before and I'll say it again, without my brain it would have been hard to make it this far in life. I can take not-so-great physical health as long as I still have my brain.
  • My life. I have a roof over my head, food on the table, clothes on my back, and wonderful family and friends. Honestly, does it get any better?
Here's wishing you a wonderful Thanksgiving holiday.

No comments: