11.16.2007

The Wait

I had a 75 minute breakfast this morning with my potential new (yet old) employer - the President, one of the partners and their business development manager. While the first face-to-face was stressful and a bit questionable, today's event was really enjoyable. It confirmed that this is a great group, a real team, and a place I want to be a part of again. I was asked some questions and given the opportunity to ask some as well. I was very pleased with the answers. There were several times where they spoke as if I had the job, so I guess that's a good sign. At the end of it all I was told they were close to making a decision and would let me know either way early next week.

After today I will be very disappointed if I do not get the position. However, I'm pleased I made it this far and am glad for the opportunity. It's confirmed that I do have something to offer...I just need to find the employer that will value that.

So now it's a waiting game. Of course I have the phone next to me at my desk hoping for that "call", but I doubt it will happen. At least I'll know something before Thanksgiving.

I just have to share something though. We ate breakfast at a restaurant at the hotel, which is attached to the main office building. In March 2004, I interviewed at the exact same restaurant at the EXACT same table where I sat today. That interview, however, was with people from my current company. I'm not sure if that's a good sign or not, but I still found it funny!

No comments: