8.28.2008

Luck is with me. So far.

This morning I awoke at 4am and couldn't get back to sleep. This afternoon I head to Iowa to pick up my mom's surprise. I got up, finished packing, did a little house cleaning and left a little bit later than my normal time. Made it about 13 miles north on the interstate where I was, at most, six cars behind a set of cars that would be involved in a pretty bad collision. I was lucky enough not to see it, and even luckier not to be in it. And also lucky that the guy behind me who was following me exceptionally close didn't run into the back of me when we had to go from 60 mph to 0 in a matter of seconds. (Squealing tires and seeing the car behind you pull to the shoulder to avoid you is never a good thing.)

It turns out one of my accounting department employees was almost in the crash. She saw some of what happened but didn't stop. Don't agree with it, but I'm glad she's ok. Too many close calls before 7:30am; with those out of the way hopefully the rest of the day will be smooth sailing. If I'm awake enough, I'll drop a line when I'm in Iowa.

No comments: