7.25.2007

3 of 5 Favorite Simpson Episodes

I have to dedicate at least one of my favorite episodes to a well known voice master on The Simpson's, Phil Hartman. Lionel Hutz and Troy McClure were his two most notable characters, along with a few other minor ones along the way ranging from a cable guy, the monorail guy and Bill Clinton. For this selection I'll focus on one of Phil's biggest roles - the time when Troy McClure marries Selma Bouvier.

"A Fish Called Selma" - Episode 147, Season 7
This episode was so fantastic that I keep thinking it's older than what it is. It was a great throwback to the original Simpson years when the writing was at its best.

Now to quote some of the more memorable lines....

5. (Lisa) Dad, what's a muppet? (Homer) Well, it's not quite a mop, and it's not quite a puppet....

4. Oh, Homer, that's just an urban legend. People don't do that type of thing with fish!

3. (Troy McClure) That's right boys, Troy's back from the gutter, and he's brought someone with him!

2. Oh princess faire, wilst thou grant me thine dainty hoof in marriage? (not only does McClure say this to Miss Piggy in a movie role, but also says the same line while proposing to Selma)

1.
My good looks paid for that pool, and my talent filled it with water. Hi, I'm Troy McClure, your future uncle.

No comments: